|Here she sat after bringing her home, waiting for the flooring to be completed....|
I asked hubby if I should cover her before the snow came.....
I got the look like I had 3 heads....lol. "It's just a washer he said...
OH NO HE DIDN'T!
I just had to add some bling....
Don't laugh , I tried fitting a rhinestone tiara on her... (not even kidding)
Maybe not so much when these pictures surface down the road at his wedding....ha ha
What to Expect
- 14-20 gallons of clean water
- 2-3 laundry baskets (one large, and two medium or small are ideal)
- Soap or detergent ... add a small amount of borax with the detergent
- A place to dry your clothes..... clothes line is ideal
- Stamina, patience, and cheerfulness and Ibuprofen...my back gets a work out
- An easy-to-fix lunch...soup, salad, sandwich?
- A good bottle of wine (for later)
- Whites, delicates and the cleanest things go in first
- Light colors and the medium-dirty items go in next
- Dark colored clothes and the dirtiest items go in last
|For safe easy no fail wringing, use these rules:|
1. Never, with your fingers feed flat unfolded wet laundry into the dangerous tight rolling surface of the wringer to be wrung. This method will result in both harm to you, your machine and your laundry. It may stick to the backside roll surface, you will not see it, may double over on the roll surface & jam, or worse yet damage the garment or material, stall, overload motor or worse yet catch your damp fingertips pulling you into the rolling surface!
2. Always lift up and out of the wash tub & fold the edge of the article of material ( about the size of your palm/hand ) As you are folding, make this into a triangle shape before aiming at the wringer rolls. Never have your fingers closer than the size of your palm for safety. please remember to feed the fabric with fabric, do not ever try to guide the fabric onto the roll surface with your damp fingers.
3. Hold, aim & feed this folded & flat rolled "snake head" shape to the roller surface. As the material is lifting from the wash tub, quickly lift & even out the "load" to be wrung through, assisting in this possess will give a no fail wring out, saving time & wear on your wash, and the machine.
This is a never fail system learned from many laundry room matrons here in the mighty Maytag Midwest, as a young laundry room voyeur in the 1960's.