Sunday, November 17, 2013

CHRISTMAS GARLANDS

 

My most favorite decorating for the Holidays has to be the use of fresh greenery. I just love how it naturally spruces up my home. Wether you leave it simple or jazz it up with berries and bows, it is sure to be a showstopper.

I always find free tree trimmings at our local brush pile.While everyone is dumping them , I am hauling them away! Why spend lots of money on garlands already made up, when in one afternoon, you can create your own for FREE!

All you need is some wire , maybe some cable ties, and a cutter.


Grab a few branches, wire them together, and continue until desired length is achieved. Then for the end, just wire a bunch on backwards so the pretty part is the end. That's it! If some of your branches are short, or you need to go  back and fill in, I use cable ties for this, but wire works also.



                                        


Here are some decorating ideas using fresh garlands...